[linux-audio-user] M-Audio 1010LT and Pulsar mic (and jackd and SuSE 10.0)

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sat Sep 2 02:32:40 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 23:25 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

> You may be able to find an adapter that provides phantom power but it's
> probably best to get a mic preamp. You seem to be an M-Audio fan ;-) so
> look at M-Audio's, they're not too bad for the money and they do provide
> phantom power:
>
> http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=preamps
>
> Myself, I'm using the Studio Projects VTB1 and it's OK:
>
> http://www.studioprojectsusa.com/vtb1.html

In an ideal world, you will have to insert a compressor between the mic
preamp and the soundcard. Maybe that's outside of your budget now, but
still put it on the list for later on. Maybe next year or whenever you
get the money.

I highly recommend the FMR Audio RNC1773 a.k.a. the Really Nice
Compressor. The performance/price ratio is nothing short of amazing.

http://www.fmraudio.com/RNC1773.HTM

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/