[linux-audio-user] those funky drums

juuso.alasuutari at tamperelainen.org juuso.alasuutari at tamperelainen.org
Wed Sep 6 07:56:19 EDT 2006

First I'd like to thank all the helpful people on this list, it's valuable to
have support like this when starting out with Linux audio. I was especially
happy when I was told about Naturalstudio's free drum kit, it's great.

Now to get back to the drum business. I personally can't imagine any sound
better for drums than that heard on 70's funk records. As good as the ns kit
is, I can't help wondering if there are tools out there that would bring out
the funk in it. Are there any LADSPA plugins or other software someone could
recommend to me? I'm guessing I need something that emulates old tape EQ's and
compressors, right?

Thanks again,
Juuso