[linux-audio-user] Musix GNU/Linux 0.59 released

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Sun Sep 10 09:06:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

> This looks absolutely fantastic! I really like this project  lot!!

I second that. Musix is good quality stuff, obviously done with a lot of love for the project. And
they currently seem to make quite some progress in releasing new versions.

> fails to come up on my fairly ordinary laptop

Have you tried both the realtime and normal kernel variants? (I.e., enter "englishrt" vs. "english"
at the boot prompt?)

I am in the completely opposite situation: for an old broken laptop of mine, which no longer has a
harddisk, Musix is the ONLY Linux-live distribution among all I know (music-oriented and any others)
which makes a 2.6-kernel start. It doesn't work with the normal kernel, but runs perfectly with the
realtime-kernel, tested with 0.49, 0.50 and 0.59.

I hope they plan to include SuperCollider soon!

Jens