[linux-audio-user] Musix GNU/Linux 0.59 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:44:11 EDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcos:
>
> Ha, the discs I burned work when run on my laptop. :)  I'll try burning
> one at 4x and see if that will help for the desktop machine.
>
> Well, at least I now have a bunch of Musix discs to give to friends. :)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Dave,
   It may not be the speed, but try that first. Clearly the disc is
good since it boots in the laptop.

   It may well be the media itself. I've run across certain CDRW
spindles that don't work with certain CD/DVD drives of mine. I switch
to a different spindle or media type and then things start working. If
you're using silver, try gold, blue or black. That often works for me.
For this reason I usually have 2 or 3 different spindles hanging
around so I have the option.

Cheers,
MArk