[linux-audio-user] Re: songs /songs/ </songs>

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 14:12:57 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

2006/9/17, Robert Jonsson <rj at spamatica.se>:
> Yes, all the feedback have really taught me some new tricks and truths!
> JAPA was a very nice tool to get a visual feel for it also.

Yep, JAPA is great. I use it to calibrate PA's here. But more and more
I learn not to rely on this apps and visualizers, because you will
listen to the music and not see it. ;-)
And a straight line in JAPA doesn't really tell you wether the bass
(as an instrument) is to loud or that some frequencies from the guitar
are to loud while it still fits into a linear spectrum of your
music...

So, mix with your ears and not with JAPA. And play around with the
knobs and sliders to get the hang of it. ;-)

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---