[linux-audio-user] autotune in ardour

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Mon Sep 18 18:26:29 EDT 2006

Tim Howard wrote:

> On 9/18/06, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tim Howard wrote:
>> > tuning adjustments.  It is completely manual, though, so you have to
>> > edit the plugin automation in Ardour for best results.
>>
>> So it could be called "manualtune"? :-)
>

> Of course, after you set up the automation, it "automanually" plays
> the same way every time... :-)

You can also write a trivial PureData patch where you send the audio of
your singing to some fft pitch detection object (like aubiopitch~ from
the aubio library), constraint the pitch to the scale in which you're
singining, and route the output of this object to the pitch parameter of
the mentioned ladspa plugin.

With a low pass filter on the output of the pitch detection object you
can adjust the sensitivity of the correction.

This is how autotune works, in my understanding.

c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com

On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT
        -- Submitted by Ramiro Estrugo, restrugo at fateware.com