[linux-audio-user] Re: Do I need a preamp for the SoundBlaster Live?

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Wed Sep 20 18:07:01 EDT 2006

Yes.

However, since you are willing to invest in a pre-amp, you might want to
consider getting a sound card that is geared at pro recording, that
INCLUDES a pre-amp. This is the path I have chosen, full analog signal
chain integration (tm). In my estimation you will get better quality per
price.

Perhaps something from Roland or M-Audio. I recommend FireWire due to
performance and flexibility (connect to a Mac, linux PC, linux laptop,
PowerBook, ...)

Carlo