[linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Sep 22 12:49:00 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 09:29 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Note
> however that there is *no* debate that there are Open Source zealots
> all over these lists who revel in telling people they are simply
> *wrong* for using closed source drivers no matter what the reason.
> Again, there is no way for me to know where anyone comes down on that
> subject unless they make their person views known.

Understood.  I for one am coming from a 100% technical POV and dislike
zealotry and people who make free software a political/religious issue.

The point is not whether the ATI driver is likely to work, or whether
you should be using it - it's only that for the specific purpose of
kernel debugging, closed source drivers cannot be present for purely
technical reasons.

Lee