[linux-audio-user] Re: ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Sep 23 03:30:47 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 21:31, Nick Copeland was like:
> On a related issue, what are other wishes for bristol? My plans are the
> midi support, lash support, a korg ms-20 type synth, finalise the mixer and
> perhaps add a bristol modular although I don't like this last idea to much
> as it goes against the idea of being an emulator.
>
> I will put the EMS Synthi on the list, although I don't have a breadboard
> patching and I was not aware they had patch cable controlled synths - this
> is EMS, no? I will admit to wanting to work on some of their synths
> already, but if I get a breadboard then perhaps an ARP 2500 is on the cards
> although that is a lot more work.

I confess to not having looked at Bristol for a long time. Last time I looked
it didn't work at all on my system and I wasn't savvy enough to send in any
kind of bug report. I *need* a decent analog synth emulator. If you really
have plans to incorporate MS-20 and EMS Synthi type synths, I will gladly
help test them out. I don't understand what you mean by breadboard - this is
some sort of patching system? If you can even figure out how to digitally
simulate EMS filters, it would constitute a Major victory in my books.

Anyhow, it's clearly time to have a serious play around with Bristol. Good to
know you're on the case. :)
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.