[linux-audio-user] Linux-friendly portable music player?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Sep 26 17:40:01 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:27:26 +0300
Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi> wrote:

> Hello. What would be an economical and Linux-friendly portable
> music player?

Depends what 'economical' means.  I recently bought a iRiver T30 1 GB
for some $110 USD. It can play ogg files.  Works with Linux, using
gphoto (libgphoto2). Copy voice files from it (has a recorder built-in,
nice feature to make your boss remember things he said) and put ogg (and
mp3) files in it. Sound is nice.

With Linux I use gphoto (libgphoto2) as root to access files.  Could be
simpler I guess, but I'm lazy, so I copy/paste commands.  One of these
days I'll make a userland Perl interface.

Cheers,
Al