[linux-audio-user] Linux-friendly portable music player?

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org
Tue Sep 26 23:50:04 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:27:26 +0300
Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi> wrote:

>> Hello. What would be an economical and Linux-friendly portable
>> music player?

I bought a Cowon iAudio U3(1Gb model, there's a 2Gb). It just has a FAT
file system, so you can use it as memory stick. It can play videos back,
but I haven't gotten it to accept something from ffmpeg(at least from
OSX's ffmpegX and ffmpeg in ubuntu, I still have yet to try the compiled
version in Gentoo). Audio support is good, mp3, wma, wav, flac, ogg. It
has voice recording also, along with a line-in jack. Audio playback is
also good.

Good Luck
-Chris