[LAU] Re: Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty?--musicisjustone path

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Fri Apr 6 06:13:41 EDT 2007

Chuckk Hubbard escribe:
> Schoenberg used lots of harmony.  He wrote a textbook on harmony.  His
> atonal systems even had some highly-developed ways of using harmony.

Not exactly. According to one colleague in other mailing list, he
wrote the most advanced textbook on harmony ever written.

Obviously if you use the twelve notes, some of them will sound
harmonically in any moment.

> I think I'll write a piece for a hundred and one metronomes.  It won't
> sound anything like the Ligeti piece.  This is a genre that really
> needs to be developed.
> I too laugh at the idea of someone buying a 60 minute CD of pure white
> noise.  The novelty is cute, but how do you know the composer whose
> name is on the album really composed that white noise?  Maybe he
> plagiarized someone else's 60 minutes of white noise.

Well that's what makes being an artist nowadays so fun. You can laugh
at your audience, which is something a bit less grateful than laughing
at oneself (which IMHO is the most elevated form of artistry!)

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt at gmail.com

http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/