[LAU] ADAT blackface and RME DIGI 32/8

Johan mayouan at isonews2.com
Sat Apr 7 05:12:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to get some older equipment to work with Linux.
Specifically an ADAT blackface and a RME DIGI 32/8 card. Is this
possible?

My problem is that the red error led on my card does not stop
glowing when I attach the digital out from my ADAT to the digital in
on the soundcard. Drivers appears to be recognised and I can chose
between different input methods in GNOMES mixer applet. I have heard
that I need to send some audio from the computer before the ADAT
sends a valid clock signal, but how can I do that when the card
refuses to work without a valid input signal?

Thanks Johan