[LAU] speech recognition?

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 00:26:55 EDT 2007

On 4/8/07, Malte Steiner <steiner at block4.com> wrote:
> Loki Davison wrote:
> > Anyone know of any working linux software for speech recognition?
> > Being able to use shortcuts etc with it would be great. I.e to control
> > web browsing. I can't seem to find anything except for ancient
> > references to viavoice. I'm trying to cut down on typing to hopefully
> > speed my recovery from RSI / overuse injury. If anyone has any hints
> > for that i'd love to here too!
> Not that I have an answer for the speech recognition but I have some RSI
> problems too which are mouse related, not typing. Recently I tried the
> ION Windows manager which is keyboardorientated but didnt get warm with
> it, yet. My main solution is to use graphic tablets as mouse replacement
> like the Wacom ones. They should be a good sound controller too (three
> axis, x y and pressure) but I didnt tried it yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte
> --
> Malte Steiner
> media art + development
> -www.block4.com-

If you're using Ingine / Om or other osc stuff you might like using
Khagan for controlling OSC apps with a graphics tablet, that's part of
what i wrote it for. ;) They actually have 5 axis, x and y tilt as
well. I use a trackball at the moment and don't mouse too much.

So any speech recognition ideas anyone?

Loki