[LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

David Froseth dfro at umich.edu
Fri Apr 20 02:28:00 EDT 2007

Thanks for all of the feedback.

The contents of /proc/interrupts is:

~$ cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0       CPU1
   0:     668825          0    IO-APIC-edge  timer
   1:          7          0    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
   7:          0          0    IO-APIC-edge  parport0
   8:          3          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
   9:          1          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
  50:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd:usb5, ehci_hcd:usb6
  58:          2          0   IO-APIC-level  ohci1394
  66:      11431          0         PCI-MSI  sky2
  74:        782          0   IO-APIC-level  HDA Intel
169:       7970          0   IO-APIC-level  ide0, uhci_hcd:usb1
177:      69956          0   IO-APIC-level  libata, libata, libata,
uhci_hcd:usb4
225:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd:usb2
233:          2          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd:usb3, ehci_hcd:usb7
NMI:          0          0
LOC:     668640     668640
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

I do not undersand how to read all of the info in this printout.  Can
anybody tell me where the video card and the mobo's sound card are in
this list?  I have ordered a M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card, which is on
the way.  But currently I am using the mobo's built in sound card.

Most of the feedback from all of you is above my head at this point.
Can anybody guide me through getting the video behind the sound card in
the IRQ?  Should I wait until I get the Delta 1010 before I start all of
this?

I set up the kernel using this ubuntu guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation

Thanks

Dave