[LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Fri Apr 20 03:08:38 EDT 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007 16:28:00 David Froseth wrote:

ok,  8 usb's, firewire, sata, etc and dual core or dual cpu. your system has a
lot of devices but not one of them is your gpu. if you're using the nv driver
then that would explain it as it doesn't use an intetrupt ( if i remember
correctly. correct me if i'm wrong ;) )

> I do not undersand how to read all of the info in this printout.  Can
> anybody tell me where the video card and the mobo's sound card are in

your soundcard is the hda device. if you're running jack with a period size of
2  that may account for your xruns behaviour. these chips are notorious.
 ...change it to 3.

also ensure your you are running jack with a priority of around 79. i assume
you use qjackctl ? both of these parameters are on the opening page under
setup>settings.... also use 48khz sample rate.. otherwise it may be
re-sampling on the fly.

> this list?  I have ordered a M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card, which is on
> the way.  But currently I am using the mobo's built in sound card.

good choice. very well supported :)

> Most of the feedback from all of you is above my head at this point.
> Can anybody guide me through getting the video behind the sound card in
> the IRQ?  Should I wait until I get the Delta 1010 before I start all of
> this?

you have to use apic, so interupt sharing is just gonna happen. apic is
getting better tho, so with just one card you may find it will work fine....
and get that nvidia driver back in there when you get your 1010.

hth,

g.