[LAU] USB midi keyboard + accompaniment software

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Sun Aug 19 18:30:43 EDT 2007

Simon Williams <simon at systemparadox.co.uk> writes:

> I'm thinking of buying an Evolution USB midi controller
> keyboard. Probably the MK361C or MK461.
>
> Please could someone confirm that this range of devices will work with
> Linux.
>
> If I get one with the programmable knobs and sliders are these usable
> with Linux? What could I use them for if they are? What could I use
> them for it they aren't?

I have MK449C and it works without glitches in my linux
environment. Including knobs, sliders and programabe buttons on left
that I use to send MMC messages. I tend to use real (hardware) MIDI, but
I have tried USB MIDI option too and it worked as good as real MIDI one.

I have used it as ALSA MIDI and I'm currently using it as JACK MIDI.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>