[LAU] No joy from KeyKit

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:45:33 EDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 22:20 -0400, Paul Coccoli wrote:
>
> (continuing on ...)
>
> did you build keykit yourself? the default linux binaries do not use the
> rawmidi MIDI devices at all. Please read the material from README_linux
> quoted below and get back to us/me on what version you're actually
> using.

Thanks for the info.  None of that README looks familiar (I can't get
to the machine I installed on right now).  I didn't grab the version
called "bleeding edge," I grabbed the one before it on the download
page (73d or something like that).  It was late and I am lazy, so I
downloaded the pre-built version (which apparently statically links
everything?).

I followed the steps in Dave's (slightly old) article here:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8153

I'll build the newest version from source and see what happens.

BTW, your comment about future Ardour MIDI capabilities that
referenced KeyKit (can't remember where I saw that comment now...CDM?)
was what made me curious about it in the first place.

Thanks
another Paul