[LAU] Edirol FA-101 and output level

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Aug 24 17:38:21 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 12:29:52PM -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:

> ... but the problem is that if I lower the volume on the
> software side and I increase the level on the monitors, then I start hearing
> a lot of noise mixed with the (now lower) sound signal (since the analog out
> of the FA-101 is still high).

Still this is not normal. The nominal output level of the FA101 is
+4dBu, nothing special, with a S/N ratio of over 100 dB. The maximum
SPL of the ADAM A7 is somthing like 105 dB, so even if its nominal
input level is 20dB lower than the output of the FA101 the noise
level should be 25dB, which is imperceptible even in a very quiet
room.

Something is not working right here.

--
FA