[LAU] RE: Theremin

Gordon JC Pearce gordon at gjcp.net
Mon Aug 27 03:46:07 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 17:54 -0400, Paul DeShaw wrote:

> on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:26:41 -1000 david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com>wrote:
>

> Atte Andr Jensen wrote:
> > david wrote:
> >
> >> I hope someday to have the money for a Theremin.
> >
> > Me too :-)
>
> David and Andre,
>
> Try www.paia.com .  You have to put the kit together yourself, but it's under US$300.
>
> These folks made analog synth kits in the '70's.

http://www.thereminworld.com/EPEArticle.asp

One of the first hits in Google for "theremin circuit".  If you just
want to hook it up to an amp, don't build anything to the right of the
volume control.  You do kind of need the slightly odd diodes, but it
should work at least a bit with pretty much any diode or transistor.

Note that this design doesn't have a volume antenna - you'd need a
volume pedal or something.

Gordon