[LAU] Hardware synths

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 07:13:09 EST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 1:08 PM, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> lanas wrote:
>
> >   OK, Linux synths are great.  And yes, if many ways they are.
> > Although recently I got a M-Audio Prokeys88 and I swear the Warmpad
> > sound in there does not have any equivalent in richness in what I've
> > heard so far in Linux soft synths.
>
> Don't agree.

> The sound quality of csound is top notch, and it's very flexible.

Agreed.  It is also capable of completely customizable microtuning,
which, despite what some of you may have heard, is not possible on any
hard synth.  They may say it is- but you are limited by the number of
keys on the hardware, which is not the case with Csound.
I used to harp about the difficulty of using Csound with any fluency,
but this is a difference of degree, not of kind: It is hard to learn,
but I believe someone very experienced with Csound can work as
efficiently as someone very experienced with simpler interfaces, doing
the same tasks.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com