[LAU] timidity and jack issues

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Dec 4 18:11:17 EST 2007

Hi!
  I use timidity with jack. It works. Has worked for quite a long time. I'm
running jack 0.107.something and timidity 2.13.2.
  I call up timidity like this:
timidity -is -c /usr/local/share/timidity/sndfont.cfg -s 44100 -a -E wpvseToz
-F -f -N newton=57 -V 1.661 -EFdelay,b,125 -EFreverb=G,32 -EFchorus=s,20
-EFresamp=n -Oj
  jack_lsp shows:
TiMidity:port_1
TiMidity:port_2
  I don't know about qjackctl and I can't test for being blind and not able to
use the GUI. But everything seems in order. Sound is nice and mostly xrunfree.
  this has worked on an old Su|SE 8.2 (heavily modified in the end) and now on
Debian etch. My card is an MAudio delta 1010LT.
  HTH.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------