[LAU] [OT] gimp frustrations

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Dec 5 13:37:19 EST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2007 schrieb Nick Copeland:
> > > The main thing I notice is that I can't select any other layers until>
> > > I anchor the new one...
> The layers are like transparencies - you can only paint on to the top
> transparency. If you want to do stuff without anchoring them down then you
> need to raise or lower them accordingly from the Layers menu.

But Chuck meant the floating layer in between steps (like after pasting
something from the clipboard). And he is right, as long as these aren't
pinned down to be either an independent layer or merged with another layer
(remember: Background is only a layer), you can't select or work with any
other layer.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/