[LAU] timidity and jack issues

naysayer gateswideopen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:14:24 EST 2007

ok, for all those who may care.....

i have figure this weird thing out. as stated at

http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2005-July/024519.html

 Timidity requires a midi input to be connected before it
 creates it's jack output port!

this is wierd behavior IMO, perhaps there is an explanation.

this meant that i had to set up a connection before i could use the outputs.

cheers,