[LAU] [ANN] klick 0.5

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Dec 16 15:13:56 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 01:24:54AM +0100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dominic_Sacr=E9_ wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 December 2007 18:00:27 Julien Claassen wrote:
> > Hi!
> >   Copy the tap function and the TERMINAL interface! :-) but it's great
> > already. Defintely useful and useable!
> >   Kindest regards
> >         Julien
>
> I agree, a proper user interface is really needed. You shouldn't have to
> restart the program just to change the tempo...
> My own priority at the moment would be a GTK frontend, but I'll try to make
> the command line version more "interactive" as well. Thanks for your
> feedback, I'll keep you posted!

I'd rather have it just take single key commands on stdin, like mplayer does.

+/-  or right-arrow/left-arrow to step the tempo, for instance, / and * or up-arrow/down-arrow to raise and lower volume, etc.

Reading keys from stdin is dead simple and is in every first-semester C course. In fact, if klick was in C and not C++, I'd already have done it and submitted a patch. But OOP still seems alien to me, so after looking at the code I didn't see the obvious place to add the feature.

-ken