[LAU] Phasex patches

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Dec 22 18:03:01 EST 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007 23:20, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 22:58 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > From my googling, creating the sound of an acoustic piano is all but
> > impossible with a softsynth, but something near to it would be nice.
>
> Depends on the softsynth ;-)
>
> In general it's really difficult to generate a piano sound with any kind
> of synthesizer.  Most synths that do it really well tend to use samples
> of pianos.  Even the venerable Ensoniq ESQ1 managed a decent acoustic
> piano only through the use of a massive piano multisample.
>
> Gordon

Yes I appreciate that. A lot of googling yesterday brought up
http://www.mortmain.com/synth.html
Scrolling down a bit, you come to "Synthesizing Pianos"
According to this page, creating the sound of an acoustic piano on a softsynth
is all but impossible, as the acoustic insrument is so complex.

Be that as it may though, I think perhaps my patches could be improved with a
bit of help.

Just trying to get the knowhow in creating patches.

Nigel.