[linux-audio-user] Problem starting bristol with jack

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 11 07:09:15 EST 2007

Problem with the mixer memory during compilation will not have any affect on
the rest of the functionality, especially not on the audio drivers since the
mixer is GUI only at the moment, there is no code resident in the bristol
audio process.

I cannot state what would happen with different versions of the jack
drivers. Bristol compiles with the headers you have installed on the system.
It uses structures defined in those headers. The library you have installed
uses structures defined from a different version - if the structures are
formatted differently then anything can happen including segfaults and all.
Personally I doubt if there were that many changes between 102 and 101
however I would probably not advise using different versions anyway.

Is there any chance you could get me a copy of the core file?

Regards,

Nick.