[linux-audio-user] Survey about exporting audio sessions

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 27 10:00:19 EST 2007

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

>- Do you export once in the end, or do you do tests in between?

Usually just at the completion of a project.

>- Do you work with stereo and/or multi-channel?

Stereo-only at this time. I'd like to experiment with 4.1, 5.1 and other
possible channelizations.

>- What are your targets: CD, DVD, Web?

CD, sometimes Web storage (as Ogg files, preferably).

>- File-types: WAV, Flac, Ogg, MP3?

All but FLAC. It's fine, I just don't use it routinely.

>- Bits and sampling rates you need?

Just 16/44 for now.

>- Do you or would you like to export to several formats at once? If yes, which exactly?

That could be sweet, to export to all my targets at once (OGG, WAV, and
sometimes MP3).

>- Do you know of outstanding solutions in any application?

No.

>- What problems do you run into?

None. Ardour exports to WAV, oggenc and bladeenc do the necessary
conversions without complications.

>- Wishlist items?

None now.

>- If you use Jamin, do you feed it with multitrack material or rather with mixdowns?

Both, it depends on the job.

Best,

dp