[linux-audio-user] mp3 patent / microsoft

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:06:35 EST 2007

> Personally I am encouraged by news like this.  It brings us one step
> closer to fixing the US patent system.

I am not certain I agree with you at all, unless you are trying to use
it as an example of how broken things get.

MS paid for rights from whom they thought owned the patent, as did many
others.  While I personally think patents are in fact very screwed up,
this case seems even more screwed up as the people paid have for quite
some time been considered to have owned the patent and should have applied.

        Seablade