[linux-audio-user] mp3 patent / microsoft

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Feb 28 16:11:26 EST 2007

On 2/28/07, Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Personally I am encouraged by news like this.  It brings us one step
> > closer to fixing the US patent system.
>
> I am not certain I agree with you at all, unless you are trying to use
> it as an example of how broken things get.

That's exactly what I mean.  No one cares when people abuse the broken
US patent system to make life hard for a bunch of free software
developers.  Maybe things will improve now that it's happening to
people like Research in Motion and Microsoft and big pharma, who are
in a position to buy some legislation to fix it.

Lee