[linux-audio-user] dssi-vst

osbusters at softhome.net osbusters at softhome.net
Mon Jan 1 05:55:23 EST 2007

Hi

Well...I've exhausted myself trying to get this to work,
and naturally a new poster to a mailing list should introduce himself etc

But it's 5:45AM, I've got a wicked cold, my throat's on fire, and because I
can't sleep...I've decided (unwisely) to keep trying to get this to work.

I'm using an rpm (mdk) of rosegarden I rebuilt from a source rpm...it seems
to work fine, and I can get those cruddy "trivial" synths to work fine. I
guess I should be happy after hoping to record in linux now for 5
years...but it won't be a studio till I can get my Arturia vsti's, my native
instruments purring along in time.

So, How do I get dssi-vst to see my vsti's? I've tried everything I can
think of, but nothing seems to work.
here's the message from my last attempt:

[ ~]# jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Pro-53.dll

jack-dssi-host: Warning: DSSI path not set
jack-dssi-host: Defaulting to
"/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi:/root/.dssi"

VST_PATH not set, defaulting to /root/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst
DSSI_PATH not set, defaulting to
/root/.dssi:/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi
RemoteVSTClient: executing /usr/local/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/dssi-vst-scanner
/tmp/rplugin_qry_pxhrvE
RemoteVSTClient: executing /usr/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/dssi-vst-scanner
/tmp/rplugin_qry_pxhrvE
DSSI VST plugin scanner v0.3
Copyright (c) 2004 Chris Cannam - Fervent Software
Plugin scanner version mismatch
VST_PATH not set, defaulting to /root/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst
DSSI VST plugin scanner v0.3
Copyright (c) 2004 Chris Cannam - Fervent Software
dssi-vst-scanner: Failed to open output file /tmp/rplugin_qry_pxhrvE : No
such file or directory
dssi-vst-scanner: Defaulting to stdout
ÀVST_PATH not set, defaulting to /root/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst

jack-dssi-host: Error: Plugin label "Pro-53.dll" not found in library
"dssi-vst.so"

The things that stand out, of course are: VST_PATH not set & DSSI_PATH not
set, + the "plugin-scanner mismatch"

I am at my wits end with this. A few more days and I slog back to my windows
DAW.
Any help would be great!