[linux-audio-user] dssi-vst

Yves Potin yves at jazzcomputer.org
Mon Jan 1 12:40:33 EST 2007

Le 01 Jan à 03:55, osbusters at softhome.net ecrivait:

> [ ~]# jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Pro-53.dll
>
> jack-dssi-host: Warning: DSSI path not set
[...]
> VST_PATH not set, defaulting to /root/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst
> DSSI_PATH not set, defaulting to
> /root/.dssi:/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi
[...]
> jack-dssi-host: Error: Plugin label "Pro-53.dll" not found in library
> "dssi-vst.so"

        Hi.
        First, it seems that you try to use your software as root, which
is *evil* :).
        Second, for launching Crystal VST, I first enter this (as a normal
user of course, and in the same shell than the one I'll call the VST juste
after) :
export DSSI_PATH=/usr/lib/dssi
export VST_PATH=/home/yves/musique/vst/Crystal:/home/yves/musique/vst/effets:/
        This permits jack-dssi-host to find Crytal, and then the plugins
in /home/yves/musique/vst/effets
        HTH,

Y.