[linux-audio-user] OT: Recommendations for Headphones and Mic

Mathias Friman mathias.friman at knorca.se
Tue Jan 2 08:35:23 EST 2007

----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
From: Lars Luthman lars.luthman at gmail.com

> If you spend a little bit more on the microphone you can get a Samson
> C01U USB mic that probably has a better ADC with less noise than your
> SoundBlaster. I don't know how it compares to other non-USB microphones
> though.

However, there are some issues with the C01U-mic. Don't know if they are
resolved.

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=USB_mic_on_Linux#Samson_C01U_USB-microphone

My woman has one of those, and I haven't put it to any serious tests, but it seems that it needs some
special mixer-software available only on the Microsoft-platform.

//Mathias