[linux-audio-user] Jack convolve compilation with gcc 4.1.0 (was: ladspa reverb)

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Jan 3 12:55:58 EST 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:41, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
> On 1/3/07, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like you might be out of luck: libDSP is no longer in
> > active development.. unless you feel like fixing the asm problem
> > yourself..
> >
> > Perhaps jack convolve will not depend on libDSP in the future...
> >
> > James
>
> Hum tough luck... but I'll give a try to see if it was fixed in the
> development branch. There seems to be quiet some changes made to the
> X86.c file which contains the assembly routines.
>
> Thanks for the tips.

Well, you can always build libconvolve with a naive C implementation of the
algo from libDSP. Have a look at the README (of libconvolve. jack_convolve
simply uses libconvolve).

This is much slower (i'd guess between 50% and 100% slower) but it should at
least compile without problems.

And if anyone feels like handcrafting  ASM code, i'm happy to accept patches..

BTW: If everything fails, try Fons' convolution app (JACE)..

Regards,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!