[linux-audio-user] Alsa sound card order.

St st at tobiah.org
Tue Jan 2 22:28:49 EST 2007

I am using alsa drivers built right into the kernel, rather than
modules.  My Kubuntu system figures that my M-audio card is 0, and
the Soundblaster is 1.  I want to reverse that.  Can I?

The reason for this, is that many apps seem to be unable to play
through the M-audio.  I'm thinking it's because they use the OSS
interface, and there is no OSS kernel option for the ice1712.
Could that be true?

Actually, after booting my new kernel, I find that there are no
/dev/dsp* devices at all.  No wonder the non-alsa apps don't work.
Still, I checked OSS support, and support for the Live! card.
Not sure why I don't have at least /dev/dsp0.

Thanks,

Tobiah