[linux-audio-user] Outputting same sound source to multiple cards simultaneously

reuben firmin reuben.firmin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 21:29:51 EST 2007

Hoping somebody can give me some hints here...

1) I would like to configure amarok to play output to multiple soundcards
simultaneously. One soundcard is connected to speakers next to my computer;
the other is connected to wireless speakers over USB ( i.e. is a usb audio
device). I can get either/or to work, but haven't figured out how to get
them both to work simultaneously.

2) (not so important) I would like to further extend this so that mplayer
can output to the desktop soundcard at the same time that amarok continues
to play music to the USB audio device.

Does anybody have advice and/or references to boilerplate config that'll
accomplish these?

Thanks,
Reuben