[linux-audio-user] status of ams

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jan 11 03:26:38 EST 2007

Folderol wrote:

> You are not comparing like for like. ARM processors raw number-crunch in
> FAR fewer clock cycles than x86 architecture. Typically 3x (I might
> be a little out of date with those figures).

And all that extra number cruch will be chewed up by the fact that
GCC produced much less optimised ARM code than it does x86 code.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Just look at the development within Europe, where the number of Muslims is
expanding like mosquitoes. Every Western woman in the EU is producing an average
of 1.4 children. Every Muslim woman in the same countries is producing 3.5
children. Our way of thinking will prove more powerful than yours."
-- Norwegian imam Mullah Krekar to the Oslo newspaper Dagbladet in 2006