[linux-audio-user] abusive audio, will it blow up the PA?

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:12:42 EST 2007

Hi

I've been playing with fastbreeder, and am extremely pleased with the
truly wonderful noises it can do (thanks Dave!!!!)

However looking at some of the results in mhwaveedit it seems that it's
injected with electrical/non-acoustic phenomenons like dc-offset and low
frequencies. I'm wondering how a home stereo and/or a large PA would
react to such sounds? Is there anything I should/could do to prevent
black smoke from coming out of amplifiers and speakers (ears would be ok
:-))? Or should I simply not worry.

I put a sample at http://atte.dk/download/fb_abuse_groove_3.ogg if
someone wants to have a look for themselves what I'm referring to...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk