[linux-audio-user] sites at linuxaudio.org

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Jan 27 13:23:20 EST 2007

While I agree that linuxaudio.org sites could benefit from a sidebar or some
other common tool that binds them more together, I honestly do not see such
a thing happening until:

1) community gets more involved, even if that means simple
feedback/communication on the consortium list (i.e. recently we posted final
proposed version of the CD cover and got no feedback whatsoever--whether due
to apathy, disinterest, or something else, I am not sure, needless to
mention that most of our members do not bother posting their announcements
on the consortium list).

2) other sites which are hosted under the linuxaudio.org do not respond as
if their individuality is being threatened every time there is even the most
remote allusion to the idea that there should be some kind of
unifying/cross-linking framework for the sub-sites.

Recently, I spent a couple of days just dealing with porting of mailing
lists (OSX server, don't get me started...), while helping Thorsten revise
the CD cover for Vol.1 of Made in Linux Series, now I see that the main
linuxaudio.org site needs new news posts regarding recent announcements. And
this is how the story goes, instead of me trying to plan things that will
have a much greater impact (i.e. fund-raising, incorporation), I am always
sidetracked with micro-management since everyone in the LA* community thinks
linuxaudio.org is a great idea but very few want to help out. Even the few
volunteers we got in the fall, out of the ones who did not fizzle out, we
are yet to get *a* contribution...

All that being said, the consortium is keeping as busy as always and is
using whatever limited resources it has to the fullest potential. We should
be announcing our contributions soon. Also FWIW, portal.linuxaudio.org has
been announced on linuxaudio.org site (see main page), the one site over
which consortium has direct control.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Linuxaudio.org Director