[linux-audio-user] Anyone have any opinion on CMS?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Tue Jan 30 04:30:58 EST 2007

lunedì, 29 gennaio 2007 alle 20:44:51, oktyabr ha scritto:
> Hiya,
>
> I didn't want to post here until I actually had something to show off a
> bit but basically the story goes like this...
> I had some webspace I wasn't using so I registered www.linux-studio.org
> (nothing meaningful there at the moment) with the idea of setting up
> a...  (save the rotten vegetables for a minute!)...
>
> ..  forum.  Specifically I want to put up a sort of blog on the front
> page with easy access to forums from there. Since combining a blog
> software with a forum can be tricky to get up as well as admin I thought
> I would look at an integrated solution in the form of one or another CMS
> (Content Management System) that can provide both in a small, efficient
> package.
>
> So if anyone out there has experience with CMS and can either recommend
> or recommend against any particular package that would be well suited
> for such a task I would be very happy to hear your opinions!  There are
> a ton of them out there and it is quite time consuming to try them all
> and compare.  I've been using the excellent resources at
> http://www.opensourcecms.com to try some of them out... it lets you try
> any one you like without installing it on your server first.  I'm
> currently leaning a bit towards Geeklog and Jupiter CMS and an IT guy I
> asked recommended e107 but lots more testing to do before I know which
> is the right one for sure.

I've had experiences with WebGUI and Drupal.
They're both very powerful. WebGUI is quite tricky to install,
especially if you don't have root access to the server. Drupal is
easier, and has a vast community/documentation behind. There are a lot
of "modules" you can add for new features. Check it out at
http://drupal.org

> Thanks for all the fish,
> Jon Hoskins

HTH