[LAU] Putting mono mp3 to CD

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Mon Jul 2 05:27:49 EDT 2007

[Kevin Cosgrove]

>On 1 July 2007 at 23:08, Tim Goetze <tim at quitte.de> wrote:
>
>> >  What is the conversion recipe to put that type of files to a CD ?
>>
>> madplay -q -R 44100 -b 16 -S -o wave:track.wav track.mp3
>
>Does madplay use cdparanoia?  If not, what other CD ripper programs
>use the cdparanoia library?

madplay is an mpeg audio decoder only.  To help answer your second
question:

$ apt-cache rdepends libcdparanoia0
libcdparanoia0
Reverse Depends:
  mplayer
  libcdparanoia0-dev
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
  grip
  cdparanoia
  somaplayer
  mplayer
  mpeglib
  libtritonus-java
  libsomaplayer0
  libsds0
  libgnome-vfs-common
  libcdparanoia0-dev
  kdemultimedia-kio-plugins
  kaffeine
  gstreamer0.8-cdparanoia
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
  grip
  djplay
  cdparanoia
  bmpx

Of which 'grip' works perfectly well for me (and has been doing so for
a few years).

You might want to check `apt-cache rdepends cdparanoia` too, because
most ripping programs seem to use the cdparanoia executable, not the
library.

Tim