[LAU] Music - Where to go

Christopher Hallinan challinan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 11:55:37 EDT 2007

Can I ask a couple of totally dumb newbie questions?  I'm quite Linux
savvy, but completely new to Linux audio.  Can you explain how you
have your equipment setup?  Did you record the guitar directly into
Rosegarden?  How did you cable it?  I.e any external processors or
interfaces?  Is jack in the path?  How are you using the Musicman amp?
 Strictly as final amplification or pre-amp (effects) only?

Thanks,

Chris

On 7/7/07, Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last night i couldn't sleep, 'cause i had to record this idea:
>
> http://tapas.affenbande.org/where_to_go.ogg
>
> Not totally finished yet, but who cares. Maybe some of you still enjoy it.
> Man, how i wish i had a real drummer or bass player :)
>
> Maybe someone else wants to lay down a solo on this track. If so, speak up, i
> will record a playalong with space for another solo :)
>
> Software:
>
> Rosegarden 1.5
> FluidSynth DSSI
> FluidR3 Soundfont (for drums and bass)
> Freeverb3
> SC4
>
> Hardware:
>
> Computer
> Les Paul type electric guitar
> Fingers
> Musicman 112 RP hybrid amp
>
> --
> Palimm Palimm!
> http://tapas.affenbande.org

Life is like Linux - it never stands still.