[LAU] Music - Where to go

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Jul 7 16:27:13 EDT 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007, Christopher Hallinan wrote:
> Can I ask a couple of totally dumb newbie questions?

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers :)

> I'm quite Linux
> savvy, but completely new to Linux audio.  Can you explain how you
> have your equipment setup?  Did you record the guitar directly into
> Rosegarden?  How did you cable it?  I.e any external processors or
> interfaces?

I have an M-Audio Delta66 which i run jackd on. Rosegarden then connects to
jackd.

> Is jack in the path?

Yes..

> How are you using the Musicman amp?
>  Strictly as final amplification or pre-amp (effects) only?

When i play electric I consider the amp to be part of my instrument. And
similar to how i record a classical guitar [i mic it] i record my electric
guitar by mic'ing the  musicman amp. :)

Regards,
Flo

--