[LAU] lash, still having problems

Lars Luthman lars.luthman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 06:53:04 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 02:18 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>   I still have trouble really USING lash. I can only use the accompanying
> console-utilities.
>   So I start lahs, then lash_control (is it similar to lash_panel) and
> jackctlmmc (a lash_client).
>   I make my midi-connections, see something happen in lash_control and then
> store the project. It seems to work, some file(s) get written to disk and use
> "close" command of lash_control to close the project.
>   But I can't restore the settings. Any help on this. How exactly should I
> proceed when restoring? I mean in which order to start and restore everything?
> Perhaps I'm just too stupid for it... :-)

1) Start lash_control, lash_panel, glashctl or any other LASH control
interface. If you have an old version of LASH you may have to start
lashd manually before this, but with recent versions it is not needed.

2) Restore the session ('restore <session dir>' in lash_control, "File"
-> "Open project" and select the session dir in lash_panel, "Restore
session" and select the session dir in glashctl).

This should restart all the programs in the session with the same
connections and data. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

--ll