[LAU] jack problem getting out of hand

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Wed Jul 11 07:33:49 EDT 2007

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
>   I recompiled my mplayer against the new jack, but it still continues. Mplaer
> gets zombified quite often. And as I said, this problem occured with the
> previous jack as well. But it jst set in recently. Up to a week ago I didn't
> have any trouble with it. And I can't really say what I changed. The only
> thing is, that about two weeks ago I installed my new kernel 2.6.21-mm2,
> before I had 2.6.16.2. But why should over a week pass before this makes
> problems?
>   Any more ideas where I can look, what I can try?
>   Kindest regards
>        Julien

ok, i think that i know!!

i am on debian testing here - julian you too?

if yes, i had (perhaps) the same problem about a week ago, because
updating some x-related packages. at that point not only mplayer, but
everything what does viedeo was not working any more - vlc, ome, xjadeo,
ffplay....

what i did, i extended the /etc/apt/sources.lst with a 'etch' entry
again and reinstalled 13 x-packages from stable again.
i still did not found out which one exactly was causing this problem,
but i really should do!

perhaps you have the same issue. which is demonstrating in another way?

cheers,
doc