[LAU] Re: [Jack-devel] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.1a (unstable-qt4) crash-fix released!

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Thu Jul 19 19:23:43 EDT 2007

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> QjackCtl 0.3.1a (unstable-qt4) crash-fix released!
>
> This is an emergency crash-fix release and everyone is envited to ditch
> yesterdays one.
>
> The change-log just says it all:
>
> - An immediate showstopper crash upon client start was irradicated,
>   which was affecting those with the system-tray icon disabled,
>   as is the default (thanks to Ken Ellinwood for first reporting
>   this sloppy one).
>
> Again, the fix source tarball is made available from:
>
>   http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl
>
> Cheers && Enjoy,

hi rui,

it seems that the crash related to the qt4-debian-testing (v4.3.0-2+b1)
is resolved here now.
at least, qjackCtl does not crashes that way anymore!

i ll make the v0.3.0a the default on my system now (keeping the last qt3
installed too!), so i can see if there will be another problems with it.

in the moment i can say that the v0.2.23 is working "faster" than the
0.3.0a.
by "faster" i mean, that mostly it is taking lot of time (1-2 seconds)
until clicking at the 'connect' button and the connection gets done.
the same with disconnecting.
even only clicking the clients name, it needs seconds until the name
gets 'marked' (blue).

is someone else experiencing this behaviour?

cheers && thanks,
doc