[LAU] Re: [Jack-devel] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.1a (unstable-qt4) crash-fix released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jul 20 06:51:49 EDT 2007

On Fri, July 20, 2007 00:23, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>

>> QjackCtl 0.3.1a (unstable-qt4) crash-fix released!
>>

>> This is an emergency crash-fix release and everyone is envited to ditch
>>  yesterdays one.
>>
>> The change-log just says it all:
>>

>> - An immediate showstopper crash upon client start was irradicated,
>> which was affecting those with the system-tray icon disabled, as is the
>> default (thanks to Ken Ellinwood for first reporting this sloppy one).
>>
>> Again, the fix source tarball is made available from:
>>

>> http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl
>>

>> Cheers && Enjoy,
>>

> hi rui,
>
> it seems that the crash related to the qt4-debian-testing (v4.3.0-2+b1) is
> resolved here now. at least, qjackCtl does not crashes that way anymore!
>
> i ll make the v0.3.0a the default on my system now (keeping the last qt3
> installed too!), so i can see if there will be another problems with it.
>
> in the moment i can say that the v0.2.23 is working "faster" than the
> 0.3.0a.

You mean 0.3.1a, right?

> by "faster" i mean, that mostly it is taking lot of time (1-2 seconds)
> until clicking at the 'connect' button and the connection gets done. the
> same with disconnecting. even only clicking the clients name, it needs
> seconds until the name gets 'marked' (blue).

Perhaps there's something edgy in your setup.

For instance, and speaking out of recent experience, while starting with
JACK MIDI "seq" driver (-Xseq).

It has been noted that there's some misbehavior regarding the alsa-seq
client (dis)connections either on the MIDI or/and the ALSA connections
tabs.

Are you referring to this ones alone or the said slowness also applies to
Audio client/port (dis)connections?

> is someone else experiencing this behaviour?

me at least, not at all.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela