[LAU] Re: (LAU) Problems with RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Jun 1 07:30:16 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 02:03:11PM +0300, ns wrote:

> So, all you guys agree that the 'unable to install hw params' dreadful
> error message will not be a showstopper for the proposed JACK solution?

I'm pretty sure it will not. Many people are using the Hammerfall
without any problem. I've used it recently in one project and it
worked perfectly.

ALSA's 'soft' devices have many quirks that are beyond the
understanding of us mere mortals. When you use JACK make sure
it's talking to the hw: device directly.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !