[LAU] Ardour: fixing errors in a recorded track (was: DAW usability)

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 04:59:12 EDT 2007

On 6/17/07, Hein Zelle <hein at icce.rug.nl> wrote:

> This probably belongs on an ardour mailing list somewhere, if so please
> let me know and I'll repost it.  I'm interested in hearing people's
> methods to solving such things, though.  Not being an audio-expert I'm
> rather baffled by all the features and terminology used in
> ardour/rosegarden/muse/etc, it seems like you're expected to already
> know what everything means and how it's supposed to be used.

Yes, this belongs to ardour list, but not only. I don't find that off topic
on LAU. You might want to forward the question list to ardour (but before
that, take a look at the documentation if you haven't done so already :
http://www.ardour.org/files/manual/index.html)

You rise the issue of the features/terminology which is one of those topic
that may need some discussion. Whatever the software may be, Linux audio
does have his specific vocabulary. do we have a Linux-audio-glossary
somewhere ? I know Linux-graphics has one edited every year (well... used to
have. The latest one is from 2004). It's a very convenient documentation
that allows one to step in the Linux graphics world with less trouble.

The glossary is in french... Sorry, couldn't find a translation. Still, one
can take a look at it here :
http://www.linuxgraphic.org/downloads/linuxgraphic_org_glossaire_illustre_2004.pdf

Cheers,