[LAU] Re: Real-time kernel

Free Ekanayaka free.ekanayaka at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:31:58 EDT 2007

Hi Chuckk,

|--==> Chuckk Hubbard writes:

  CH> Hi Dave and everyone.  I am still wrestling with this.  I have the new ALSA
  CH> driver that supports my card, finally, but under 64studio I still get
  CH> 20-some xruns a second, and Audacity is unable to connect to jackd.
  CH> PortAudio appears for a split second in the jack connection dialog, and
  CH> disappears.  Some of you told me 64studio was preconfigured for low-latency
  CH> audio out of the "box" and all the apps were tuned to the distro, but it
  CH> doesn't seem to work that way for me.

What version of 64 Studio are you using? The official latest 1.0
stable release, could be out of date with respect to new hardware. You
may want to try the 1.4.0 testing release

http://www.64studio.com/node/1

and do a network upgrade against the testing repository (see the file
in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/64studio.list) to get the very latest
kernel (2.6.21-rt17)

Ciao!

Free